Saturday, April 24, 2010

Eye Candy #300 - "Elizabethtown"

Elizabethtown:  I like almost all of Cameron Crowe's films (with the exception of "Vanilla Sky"), so I was keen to see this film when I saw the previews. Orlando Bloom plays a shoe designer to who designs arguably the worst athletic shoe in the history of athletic shoes, causing the company he works for to lose $3 billion. To top that off, his father dies and he goes to Kentucky for the funeral. Along the way he meets a stewardess who is say, more than a little obsessive and detail-oriented, and the two start an odd kind of friendship. I really enjoyed this film. I think the two leads have good chemistry, and the supporting cast is uniformly solid, including the immortal Bruce McGill. Sure, there are some outrageous plot elements (a lot of people get hung up on the shoe part), but I'm okay with it being a device that moves the plot along and not the focus of the plot itself.  Great soundtrack, too.  Woodchuck sez, "Me likey".

No comments:

Post a Comment